Would you like to do something worthwhile in your spare time, help raise money for a good cause and make a really positive impact in your local community? Would you like to join a local Sue Ryder fundraising group? Or would you like to start your own group up?
As part of a fundraising group, you will explore and maximise community fundraising opportunities in the area to help raise income and awareness for Sue Ryder.
With support from your Regional Fundraiser you will:
- Develop community fundraising in the area
- Organise local events
- Promote other Sue Ryder events in the community.
Chairing a group:
As Chair, you will lead the group and ensure that community fundraising opportunities are encouraged in the area to help raise income and awareness for Sue Ryder. As part of this you will also:
- Ensure the group adheres to the guidelines outlined in the Fundraising Group Handbook
- Encourage all group members to take active roles within the group and help to recruit new members
- Chair meetings to ensure an agenda is arranged and minutes are taken.
- Keep the Regional Fundraiser informed of activities
- Encourage support in the local community through events, collections, talks and other activities as agreed.
Other opportunities with Sue Ryder-Duchess of Kent Hospice
Read more about Sue Ryder-Duchess of Kent Hospice