Volunteer Hospital Therapy Gardener at Prospect Park Hospital
Prospect Park Hospital provides healthcare needs for mental health patients, rehabilitation and learning disability services. With your help we hope to provide a pleasant environment to be enjoyed and a sense of wellbeing through offering our patients and service users an opportunity to get involved, with your support.
For this role you will need:
- To have responsibility for health, welfare & safety of self and others – compliance with Health & Safety regulations
- A good knowledge of gardening
- A desire to help occupational therapy staff to utilise the garden therapeutically with patients, e.g. by establishing a sensory garden
The role includes:
- Garden maintenance e.g. Digging ground over ready for planting, sowing seeds (flowers and vegetables)
- Supporting therapy staff to develop their knowledge to provide gardening based interventions
- Depending on person’s availability, there may be some direct patient contact
Other opportunities with Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Do you have a friendly, cheerful disposition with good communication skills? Help us gather feedback from patients visiting our clinic
- Could you be the first point of contact for parents visiting our Baby Well Clinic at Anstey Road?
- Could you be the first point of contact for parents visiting our Baby Well Clinic at Raniket School?
- Join our small friendly team
Read more about Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust