Reading Sea Cadets provide young people from 10-18 years old with life skills of teamwork, self-respect and social responsibility. We offer our cadets a wide-ranging training programme with a nautical focus, which helps them gain new skills and to gain accredited qualifications.
Training includes seamanship, mechanical engineering, communications, map reading, rope work, parade drill and first aid. We also go boating on the river Thames in the summer, where our young people enjoy rowing, canoeing and kayaking.
As the Treasurer you should have a genuine interest in the financial leadership of a charitable organisation.
Duties will include the following:
• To support the Unit Management Team (UMT) chair and other trustees to manage an effective and successful Sea Cadet unit
• To be accountable to the unit chair and fellow trustees for overseeing, collating and reporting financial matters including keeping efficient up-to-date accounts and regular reporting of income and expenditure
• Keeping up-to-date and accurate records of all bank accounts and income and expenditure
• Ensuring that regular written report are submitted to UMT meetings including income, expenditure, liabilities and balances of all accounts.
• Giving a full written report at the AGM
• Ensuring that the annual returns are completed and checked by an appropriate person or audited where applicable and signed as correct.
Other opportunities with Reading Sea Cadets (TS Jervis Bay)
Read more about Reading Sea Cadets (TS Jervis Bay)