Help provide administrative support for our events
Administration volunteer needed for Reading Advice Network
Reading Advice Network (RAN) is an umbrella organisation that brings together and supports organisations providing the public with Information and Advice, in Reading (Berkshire, UK) and surrounding area.
We are seeking a volunteer to provide administrative support for RAN’s events, principally the Advice Forums held approx. three times per year. Working mainly from home the support provided will include to:
- Book venue.
- Promote the events.
- Ensure Members, other organisations, speakers and guests are invited.
- Prepare attendee packs.
- Organise refreshments and room layout.
- Assist with reception points at events.
- Help tidy after events.
- Other tasks as agreed with you by the Trustees, within your time commitment, abilities and training.
We are seeking a volunteer with the following skills and qualities:
- Reliability and the ability to make a commitment to RAN.
- Good literacy & confident verbal communication skills.
- Understanding the need for confidentiality.
- Access to computer and telephone (reimbursed costs of use).
- High-quality telephone and email ability.
- Knowledge of the Voluntary Sector or Public and Health Sectors in Reading would be beneficial but is not essential.
Ideally home-based with good access to computer and telephone; you do not have to be based in Reading, but access to the town for Advice Forums and to meet with Trustees is expected
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMMon EVETue AMTue PMTue EVEWed AMWed PMWed EVEThu AMThu PMThu EVEFri AMFri PMFri EVESat AMSat PMSat EVESun AMSun PMSun EVE
Any of these times
Additional timing details
Flexible volunteering, mostly at times to suit volunteer
Will suit someone like this:
Self organised/motivatedHappy to work soloPrecise and methodicalNegotiatorCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Induction and introduction to Reading Advice Network
Description of support
From Chair and other Trustees
Description of expenses
Travel, reimbursed phone & computer use
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
31 October 2018
Other opportunities with Reading Advice Network