We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support an experienced Front of House team in providing a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors, enabling them to feel safe and confident whilst having a fantastic museum experience.
Volunteering with us provides an engaging and enriching experience with opportunities to build transferable skills and gain valuable experience within the culture and heritage sector whilst supported by a friendly team.
We don’t require previous experience of working within museums and welcome people of all abilities.
What you will be doing:
- Give a friendly and customer focused welcome to all visitors and to ensure they leave having had an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Assist visitors in navigating the Museums one-way system
- Create a welcoming and accessible atmosphere by signposting visitors to museum resources that will enhance their visit
- Assist our Front of House team to ensure the smooth running of the public areas of the Museum
- Support the Front of House team by carrying out light cleaning duties
- Assist the Front of House team in carrying out the evacuation procedure
- Develop a basic knowledge of the Museum and our collection, so that any questions from visitors can be dealt with in a professional manner.
Read more about River & Rowing Museum