The Intermediate Care Service is a multi-disciplinary team comprising of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nursing professionals and multi-therapy assistants. The main aim of the service is to provide short-term clinical and therapy support to patients in their own homes to regain their functional independence. Intermediate Care works with existing support networks, including family, friends and carers.
The work of the falls class is to provide rehabilitation support for patients in the community who are deemed at risk of falling or have fallen in their own home. The classes consist of exercises to help strengthen core stability, improve muscle tone and mobility. We provide a block of 9 weekly sessions.
Wednesdays – 9 week blocks of consecutive classes
10.30am – 12.30pm
Personal characteristics/experience for this role:
- Good communication skills, good English language skills
- Clear understanding of confidentiality
- Friendly & approachable, helpful manner
- Caring disposition, compassionate & patient with a
- Able to attend regularly, reliable and flexible
- An interest in supporting our patients’ recovery from a fall
- Have personal responsibility for health, welfare & safety
of self and others – compliance with health & safety regulations
- Wear volunteer I.D. badge
This role includes:
- Co-facilitating and supporting patients who attend the
- Currently sessions run 9 consecutive weeks at a time
(Wednesday mornings). We are looking for commitment
for each cohort to maintain continuity of care
- Helping the patients under the direction of the therapists
What we can offer:
- Local induction from a friendly team
- Supporting sessions with clinical professionals
Other opportunities with Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Do you have a friendly, cheerful disposition with good communication skills? Help us gather feedback from patients visiting our clinic
- Could you be the first point of contact for parents visiting our Baby Well Clinic at Anstey Road?
- Could you be the first point of contact for parents visiting our Baby Well Clinic at Raniket School?
Read more about Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust