Our autism specific service at Creative Support Reading is looking for volunteers to assist service users on outings and activities in the community. The majority of our service users at this service are fairly independent, however they would benefit from the support of a befriender to get the most out of their trips in the community and have a positive, less daunting experience when trying new things.
The activities and service user you will be accompanying will vary greatly, and although we will do our best to match volunteers with a service user who shares similar interests this may not always be possible. Examples of the types of activities you may accompany a service user to include visiting a leisure centre, supporting on a day trip to the seaside, or simply visiting local shops. This is a fantastic, rewarding and varied role which will allow a volunteer to take part in a range of activities and get to know a variety of service users.
Please note that volunteers will be required to complete a DBS check which can take up to 6 weeks to be processed.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Get hands on supporting crafts in the community!
- Share your love and knowledge of gardening while giving back to the local community
- Help us run our varied programme of activities for older folks
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Creative helpers needed for this arts group for older people
- Help facilitate this intergenerational group and help foster a greater sense of inclusion
- Do you want an active role in the community?
- Could you help our residents take part in a varied schedule of fun and stimulating activities?
Read more about Creative Support