Age UK Reading are currently piloting a gardening service in Southcote as we recognise the great therapeutic benefits of a well maintained garden. Sadly, as people get older they may find the garden becomes difficult to stay on top of and it can then go from being a source of relaxing space to a stressful problem. We are working with local gardening charity Food 4 Families to try to provide a friendly, reasonably priced and trusted gardening service that not only helps people with their gardening but actively works to offer other support and signposting that Age UK Reading can provide.
- Carry out basic garden maintenance tasks such as mowing, tidying, edging, hedge cutting
- work in a team with other volunteer gardeners and the Lead Gardener
- be responsible for arriving promptly at the locations where your help is needed
- be a friendly and cheerful “people person”.
- essential Knowledge and skills.
Able to do basic physical garden maintenance tasks as described above.
PC literate to the point you can email
Able to travel to gardening locations.
Prepared to receive relevant training.
Other opportunities with Age UK Reading
- Friendly helpers needed for our Chimneys Club
- Help us make our Weirside Club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Enthusiastic volunteers needed to help promote our work
- Put your imagination, creativity and energy to good use
- Provide friendship and support to improve the quality of life for older people
- Have a huge positive impact on someone’s life by just picking up the phone
- Help us make our clubs a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Join our team at the Lively Living Activity Club Woodley
Read more about Age UK Reading