You can make a difference as a Welcome Desk Volunteer, meeting and greeting visitors, signposting them to different services and making them feel at home at our recently redeveloped centre.
The Weller Centre services are being developed in partnership with local organisations and community groups. We are working to create a healthy, vibrant and thriving community centre that provides a range of services for the community to engage with.
- Meeting and greeting community centre users.
- Helping to signpost users to activities
- Taking enquiries for the hire of the centre and giving information about rates and hire agreement
- Taking messages for the Weller Centre team
- Diary management
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable with all necessary stationary and material
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain centre security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk, (signing in book)
- Perform general adhoc admin
- Adhere to the centre policies and procedures at all times especially with regard to safeguarding vulnerable people.
- To attend induction and training sessions delivered by CHL or another approved provider.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issue arise ( can do attitude)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- Be an excellent listener, empathetic, caring, patient, reliable and respectful.
- Being approachable, mindful, non- judgemental and have a great sense of humour.
- Have the ability to engage with all age groups
- Opportunity to give back to your local community
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Further develop your experience and interpersonal skills
Other opportunities with The Weller Centre
Read more about The Weller Centre