Volunteer Tearoom Assistants help make our catering outlets a clean, warm and friendly place for our visitors to enjoy. They work as part of a team providing high quality food and drink in a safe, well run environment.
• Sharing your love of the National Trust with a wide range of people
• Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Working as part of a friendly and hardworking team
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of the National Trust.
• Be aware of queues forming, and chatting to people as they wait to be served.
• Be aware of and uphold the National Trusts policy of the conservation of historic properties and their contents. Lead by example to encourage supporters to do the same when visiting Basildon Park.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment by clearing trays and tables, wiping down and generally keep the tearoom tidy
• Keep the cutlery and crockery stocks well maintained
• Help with washing up as needed
• Support security procedures in order to prevent theft and malicious damage.
• Follow National Trust procedure for the safe and calm evacuation of visitors in an emergency.
• Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
This role will suit people who… have an enthusiastic and friendly manner and enjoy meeting people. You will need to be able to work alone as well as part of a team, and use your initiative to maintain a safe and clean environment.
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)