We are looking for people who will happily give a few hours of their free time to visit others at home who are lonely and vulnerable. There are many reasons why people become lonely such as limited or no social contact, bereavement or families living far away. Having regular contact with other people can help break the cycle of loneliness and make a world of difference to older people. For this reason we are recruiting and training volunteers to join our dedicated and caring team of befrienders.
- To visit client(s) on a regular basis at a time that is mutually convenient
- To spend quality time together during visits for a friendly chat or sharing activities such as board games and crosswords
- To feedback to the Befriending Co-ordinator regularly on befriending visits
Will suit someone who is keen to make a difference to the lives of older people, has a kind, caring and friendly manner, an ability to listen and has empathy with clients.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Green fingered? Sociable and caring? This could be the role for you!
- Help us enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives
- Seeking an Honorary Treasurer to join our skilled Trustee Board
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
Read more about Age UK Berkshire