In Reading, Creative Support works with older adults providing activities and services within extra care schemes. We are looking to grow our activities program with the help of volunteers, allowing isolated individuals to take part in a range of social activities.
Having run a number of successful intergenerational school groups where older adults and children share activities such as crafts and singing, we would like to expand this to a more permanent activity. By running a parent toddler group within our extra care scheme, this would create a safe space for families to visit, it is also an opportunity to increase the community inclusion around the Tilehurst area.
In order to run this group, we are looking for a number of volunteers who would take the lead in facilitating the group and planning the activities. This new group would be a project where volunteers will work closely with their named supervisor to set up and provide a fun and inclusive activity for the whole community. Volunteers would be assisting the sessions to run smoothly, plan any specific activities and ensure that the space is left clear at the end of the session.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Creative helpers needed for this arts group for older people
- Help others explore new experiences in this fantastic, rewarding and varied role
- Do you want an active role in the community?
- Could you help our residents take part in a varied schedule of fun and stimulating activities?
Read more about Creative Support