We are looking for people who will happily give a few hours of their free time to visit others at home who are lonely and vulnerable. There are many reasons why people become lonely such as limited or no social contact, bereavement or families living far away. Having regular contact with other people can help break the cycle of loneliness and make a world of difference to older people. For this reason we are recruiting and training volunteers to join our dedicated and caring team of befrienders.
- To visit client(s) on a regular basis at a time that is mutually convenient
- To spend quality time together during visits for a friendly chat or sharing activities such as board games and crosswords
- To feedback to the Befriending Co-ordinator regularly on befriending visits
Will suit someone who is keen to make a difference to the lives of older people, has a kind, caring and friendly manner, an ability to listen and has empathy with clients.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- New Chair of Trustees required to head the Board at Age UK Berkshire
- Join the board of this county wide charity
- Help support our range of weekly activities for people aged 50+
- Support the group instructor at our weekly Nordic Walking for Health group
- Help with the set-up and welcome at this weekly singing group for over-50s
Read more about Age UK Berkshire