Help Coordinate our local fundraising efforts
Fundraising volunteer needed for Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Reading already has a good sized fundraising group but they really need a new co-ordinator, who is passionate about Guide Dogs’ work, to take a lead in raising money for blind and partially sighted people.
What does the role involve?
- working as part of Guide Dogs’ fundraising team with staff and volunteers
- co-ordinating your branch in raising money through events or other activities, delegating tasks to other volunteers in your team as required, for example booking venues for events
- meeting with other volunteers in your team to help with booking venues for events
- welcoming new members
- liaising with Community Fundraiser and informing them of your group’s work and the people involved
- making sure your group follows policy and procedure when fundraising
What skills or experience are required?
- able to generate enthusiasm
- good communication and team-working skills
- able to motivate a group of people
What will I get out of it?
- sense of satisfaction in seeing donations generated
- work with a group of committed and passionate people
- support Guide Dogs to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that enable blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
- make a difference in your local community
Home based and working in your local area
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMMon EVETue AMTue PMTue EVEWed AMWed PMWed EVEThu AMThu PMThu EVEFri AMFri PMFri EVESat AMSat PMSat EVESun AMSun PMSun EVE
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changePrefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedLikes team workHappy to work soloKeen learnerAnalytical thinkingPrecise and methodicalDecisiveInventiveBusiness orientatedLeaderNegotiatorPublic speakerNetworkerGood sense of humourSociableSerious and determinedPatientSupportiveCreativeCommunicatorWants to get out and aboutEnjoys working outsideLikes to get hands dirtyEmotionally robustActivist
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
Description of support
Regular and ongoing advice and support from Guide Dogs
Description of expenses
Resources to support fundraising, such as stock to sell. Payment of out of pocket expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
14 December 2017