We are looking for a sociable, caring person who enjoys gardening to help out with a weekly gardening group for older people.
The ideal volunteer will be friendly and capable, helping people with activities where they need it, ensuring that participants are comfortable and safe during the session – alerting them to trip hazards, making sure that they are not too hot/cold, etc
There will be some setup and clearing away required before and after the activity session, plus providing light refreshments.
Moving furniture, plants and gardening equipment is involved, so you need to be physically able to do this.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Help us enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives
- Seeking an Honorary Treasurer to join our skilled Trustee Board
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
Read more about Age UK Berkshire