We are looking for a sociable, caring person who enjoys gardening to help out with a weekly gardening group for older people.
The ideal volunteer will be friendly and capable, helping people with activities where they need it, ensuring that participants are comfortable and safe during the session – alerting them to trip hazards, making sure that they are not too hot/cold, etc
There will be some setup and clearing away required before and after the activity session, plus providing light refreshments.
Moving furniture, plants and gardening equipment is involved, so you need to be physically able to do this.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Make a real difference to older people staying in hospital over the winter period
- Looking for Urdu speaking volunteers to visit older people in Reading
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
Read more about Age UK Berkshire