Good with numbers? Bring your skills to our Board
Trustee / Committee volunteer needed for Red Balloon Reading
Red Balloon Learner Centre – Reading is looking for someone with a finance/accountancy background to join our Board of Trustees. The Board meet approximately every 6-weeks to support the management of the the Centre. This role in particular would require some additional hours monthly in:
1. Producing the monthly financial reports and circulating to trustees. These reports report both actual (month/ytd) and forecast through to year-end (Aug).
2. Assisting the Administrator on operational accounting issues.
3. Providing a second authorisation for the bank payments.
4. Verifying accuracy of monthly payroll.
5. Producing annual budget papers
6. Production of year-end accounts for submission to Accountants
7. Performing all statutory requirements at Companies House & Charity Commission.
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Trustee / Committee
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedHappy to work soloAnalytical thinkingPrecise and methodicalBusiness orientated
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Handover will be provided by previous post-holder.
Description of support
From fellow trustees
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
8 November 2017