In Reading, Creative Support works with older adults providing activities and services within extra care schemes. We currently run two craft activities, one at Oak Tree House (RG30 4DZ) and one at Cornerstones (RG30 4XR) that encourage isolated individuals to take part in fun, social activities.
We are looking for several volunteers to support the existing group leaders and staff. It would give you the opportunity for hands on experience in the community, and making a big difference to the daily lives of our service users. A large focus of our activities is the socialising aspect, so we would be looking for volunteers who are interested in getting to know the residents and share a cup of tea during the session!
Volunteers would work closely with their named supervisor to support the activity and we are also interested in promoting the creativity and independence of volunteers. The sessions run weekly and we would be interested to hear from volunteers who could support this on a regular basis. It is important to note that no particular artistic ability is needed, just creativity!
This would be a rewarding opportunity to give back to the community and to gain experience delivering social, creative activities. You would be making an impact on the community by supporting activities that reduce isolation and increase wellbeing for older adults.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Share your love and knowledge of gardening while giving back to the local community
- Help us run our varied programme of activities for older folks
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Creative helpers needed for this arts group for older people
- Help others explore new experiences in this fantastic, rewarding and varied role
- Help facilitate this intergenerational group and help foster a greater sense of inclusion
- Do you want an active role in the community?
- Could you help our residents take part in a varied schedule of fun and stimulating activities?
Read more about Creative Support