1. To provide a telephone and online banking service to members and potential members. Our reception advisers provide our frontline service.
2. Perform basic administration tasks, including signing up new members, helping members with the completion of standard forms and processing emails.
Principle duties and tasks:
• Answer and action members’ queries and instructions including:
o Opening and maintaining accounts on our simple banking system.
o Giving account balances and histories.
o Pre-processing loan applications.
o Informing members about any changes to their accounts.
• Answer calls from potential members who wish to know more about the credit union and signpost them to the website, our contact points throughout the community or to other relevant agencies.
• Schedule appointments between members and staff when necessary.
• Provide phone back up to contact point staff.
• Take messages for other staff and volunteers.
• Meet visiting members in a courteous and professional way and handle their queries or process their applications in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Provide back up to volunteers undergoing training.
• Manage membership applications and close accounts when necessary.
• Answer email and online banking enquiries and action instructions.
• Simple internal audit checks.
• Mailing letters and forms to members.
• An excellent phone manner.
• Helpful, friendly and approachable.
• Able to explain complex information over the phone and via email.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• IT literate and able to learn new systems.
• Accuracy and high attention to detail.
Other opportunities with Berkshire Credit Union
Read more about Berkshire Credit Union