Main purpose of the Assistant Treasurer:
• To assist in and share with the volunteer Treasurer the overall financial management and control of the Credit Union.
• To deputise and cover all aspects of the Treasurer role in the event of absence.
• Full member of the Board of Directors (not a mandatory requirement)
• Treasury management of all bank accounts and investments.
• Complete quarterly regulatory return to the Bank of England.
• Risk management including policy and risk register maintenance, evaluation and mitigation.
• Improve financial controls and checks.
• Supervise and review the key monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation and provisions.
• Experienced finance professional preferably qualified.
• Logical thinker able to understand complex information.
• Able to work independently.
• Analytical, numerate and high attention to detail.
• Objective, rational and decisive.
• Effective communicator.
Read more about Berkshire Credit Union