Reading Mencap has a vacancy for a volunteer to help implement our new marketing and publicity strategy and put it into action.
We currently have 6 days of a top London consultant’s time to build the new strategy but we also need additional help to do some of the practical tasks such as:
- running surveys and obtaining case studies from people we work with
- building a publicity image and resources library
- administration of a questionnaire for the general public and corporates to understand their perception of Reading Mencap
- coordinating a focus group with volunteers
- a review of current materials used to engage with corporates
- a review of marketing materials for Are You Listening? Music Festival in April 2017
- support with the marketing and communications plan for Reading Mencap’s 55th year anniversary
We are based near the Royal Berks Hospital with full office facilities. We are looking for someone who can volunteer for a minimum of 5 hours a week, but we expect more hours to be available.
Some experience of the charity sector and/or business would be an advantage and publicity or marketing, but more important is a good level of education and to be willing to learn and use initiative.
Other opportunities with Reading Mencap
Read more about Reading Mencap