We are looking for someone to develop and promote a positive relationship with the service user with whom the volunteer is matched.
They need to:
- have excellent listening and communication skills
- be non-judgmental in approach and trained in counselling at minimum Diploma Level or higher
- manage appropriate professional boundaries in the relationship
- be consistent, dependable and good timekeepers
- maintain confidentiality and other policies and procedures, in accordance with IRIS/Cranstoun’s guidelines
- work in conjunction with the Wellbeing Lead to provide a quality service
- maintain records for monitoring, evaluation and tracking purposes plus service evaluation
- be able to adapt quickly to service changes and requirements
- want to work with service users who have problems with drugs/alcohol misuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, bereavement and loss
Contact person firstname
Mona Brent , Drug & Alcohol Practitioner & Wellbeing Lead
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
Phone or email, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Location address line 1
127 Oxford Road
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedLikes team workHappy to work soloKeen learnerAnalytical thinkingPrecise and methodicalDecisivePatientSupportiveCommunicatorEmotionally robustPhysically fit
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Induction training, relevant training offered to all staff, supported via shadowing & observations
Is support given?
Description of support
Regular meetings with Wellbeing Lead, debriefs on days worked if required
Are expenses paid?
Description of expenses
Travel expenses, discount car parking pass & reimbursement
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
28 February 2018
Read more about IRiS Reading