Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
Friendly mother of three in her early 50’s is looking for a volunteer to go out walking with her in the local park. She would also like someone to help her improve her reading and writing skills which have been affected after suffering a stroke a year ago.
She can walk for quite a long distance but has lost a bit of confidence so would appreciate another person walking by her side. She does not use a wheelchair.
The stroke has made her left side a little weak.
Interests – Cooking, Walking in the Park, Netball & Dancing (when her mobility was better)
Timing – Any day
General Location – South Reading
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Swimming!
- Befriender Match – Chats and Reading
- Befriender Match – Dancer
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
- Befriender Match – Walking with Confidence
- Befriender Match – Gardener
- Befriender Match – SportsAble
- Befriender Match – Scrabble, Jigsaws and Puzzles
- Befriender Match – Retired Opera Singer
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire