Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This interesting and independent woman had a stroke about 10 years ago but has worked very hard to regain her mobility. She has learned to write with her other hand since the stroke. She has been a missionary and midwife in various parts of the globe.
She loves swimming and is looking for a volunteer with a car to take her to the baths and to swim with.
She needs a volunteer with a car to go swimming with. She needs a little help with getting her shoes back on after swimming
Interests – Swimming, Nature, Wildlife, Bird-watching, Gardening, Church and Scrabble.
Timing – Preferably a Tuesday afternoon if possible.
General Location – Central Reading
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Walking in the local park
- Befriender Match – Chats and Reading
- Befriender Match – Dancer
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
- Befriender Match – Walking with Confidence
- Befriender Match – Gardener
- Befriender Match – SportsAble
- Befriender Match – Scrabble, Jigsaws and Puzzles
- Befriender Match – Retired Opera Singer
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire