Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This lady in her late 40’s has MS and is looking for a volunteer to play scrabble with or do jigsaws and puzzles with.
She would also like to go out for a short walk with a volunteer to get out of her flat.
She uses a walker to help her balance. She is a smoker.
Interests – TV, Jigsaws, Scrabble, Going for Walks, Meeting New People
Timing – Daytime
General Location – Central Reading
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Walking in the local park
- Befriender Match – Swimming!
- Befriender Match – Chats and Reading
- Befriender Match – Dancer
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
- Befriender Match – Walking with Confidence
- Befriender Match – Gardener
- Befriender Match – SportsAble
- Befriender Match – Retired Opera Singer
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire