Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This delightful, chatty man with a good sense of humour is looking for a volunteer to help him with his reading, writing and numbers which he has found difficult since he had a stroke a few years ago.
Uses a wheelchair or two sticks to get around.
Would like the volunteer to go to his home to help him improve his reading especially.
Interests – Football (used to coach a Boy’s team), Chatting/Socializing, Archery and Current Affairs
Timing – Preferably daytime but evening and weekends are okay.
General Location – West Reading
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Walking in the local park
- Befriender Match – Swimming!
- Befriender Match – Dancer
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
- Befriender Match – Walking with Confidence
- Befriender Match – Gardener
- Befriender Match – SportsAble
- Befriender Match – Scrabble, Jigsaws and Puzzles
- Befriender Match – Retired Opera Singer
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire