Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This delightful man with a good sense of humour is looking for a volunteer to discuss all sorts of things with.
He is easy to get on with and very sociable. Prefers visits to his house in the day time as he gets a bit tired in the evenings nowadays.
He had a stroke a few years ago and now uses a wheelchair or two sticks to get around.
Interests – Football (used to coach a Boy’s team), Chatting/Socializing, Archery and Current Affairs
Timing – Preferably daytime.
General Location – West Reading
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire