Berkshire Women’s Aid (BWA) provides confidential support, information, outreach services and refuge accommodation for women and their children who are affected by domestic abuse and violence.
We are seeking volunteers to join our team of Crèche Volunteers to act as Children Engagement volunteers. Volunteers in this role will:
- Engage, inspire & support children through play and other activities.
- Ensure to adhere to and follow all policies and procedures (Health & safety, Child and adult safeguarding, confidentiality, incident reporting etc.… ( All policies will be explained)
- Undertake induction and training as agreed with supervisor \ volunteer coordinator.
- To supervise children at all times whilst in their care.
- Provide snacks to children and help with washing up.
- Help with toilet needs & diaper changes.
- Assist with preparing room and clearing up afterwards.
Volunteers for this role will display the following qualities/ skills:
- Reliable, patient & empathetic
- Has a non-judgemental attitude & a good team player
- Friendly ,welcoming and supportive
- Has an interest in working with children and able to engage with them
- Creative and has an understanding of age-appropriate activities for children.
- Understands confidentiality and boundaries
- Happy to undertake any training to help with role
- Has a good sense of humour
Other opportunities with Berkshire Women’s Aid
Read more about Berkshire Women’s Aid