Reading Dementia Action Alliance aims to promote and sustain the town as a dementia friendly community
The business outreach volunteer will be a key link between the Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) and local organisations, informing organisations of the work of the DAA, how they can get involved and providing support to become DAA members. DAA Members participate in the local group to help build dementia friendly communities and develop an action plan on how their organisation will become more dementia friendly.
The ideal volunteer will have an interest in working with local organisations and business to meet their social responsibility agenda, a passion for supporting people with dementia to lead better lives, and enjoy networking.
- Approach new businesses to inform them of the DAA and encourage new membership.
- Follow up with businesses to send documentation and support to develop their actions.
- Support businesses and other organisations to organise Dementia Friends sessions in their place of work.
- Networking with local organisations and businesses
- Participate in bi-monthly Dementia Action Alliance Steering Group meetings
- Check and respond to Reading DAA emails relating to new members.
General tasks could also include (with your agreement and depending on your capacity)
- Attend relevant events to promote work of Reading DAA
- Take part in relevant subgroups of Reading DAA (e.g transport/retail/community specific)
- Assist in local area research
- Raising profile of Dementia Friendly Communities through posters and leaflet distribution
- Assisting at consultations for people with dementia and their carers
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining experience in
- Health Awareness
- Networking and organisational relationship building
- Marketing and promotion
Other opportunities with Reading Dementia Action Alliance
Read more about Reading Dementia Action Alliance