Do you want an active role in the community?
From January 2018, Creative Support will be hosting a new Seated Movement to Music group for older residents in the community. The sessions will be organised by a qualified instructor who will lead the group in active exercises. Seated movement encourages better health and mental wellbeing and offers the opportunity for a social activity within the community.
We are looking for volunteers to support (and take part!) in the sessions, lasting around one hour, and then support the instructor in making teas and coffees for the residents. This last part is a great opportunity for volunteers to chat to the community to provide a friendly social environment.
Please note that volunteers will be required to complete a DBS check which can take up to 6 weeks to be processed.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Share your love and knowledge of gardening while giving back to the local community
- Help us run our varied programme of activities for older folks
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Creative helpers needed for this arts group for older people
- Help others explore new experiences in this fantastic, rewarding and varied role
- Help facilitate this intergenerational group and help foster a greater sense of inclusion
- Could you help our residents take part in a varied schedule of fun and stimulating activities?
Read more about Creative Support