Loan Committee member needed at Berkshire Credit Union
Berkshire Credit Union is a small co-operative social enterprise, owned, managed and run by our members and volunteers. We serve the local community, offering ethical savings and affordable loans. Our prime objectives are the promotion of thrift, financial inclusion and the alleviation of poverty.
Our Loan Committee is responsible for reviewing and approving loan applications, overseeing the loan appraisal and the scoring process and measuring the social impact of the Credit Union.
- Professional background, preferably financial services
- Able to work independently
- Analytical and numerate
- Objective, rational and decisive
- Effective communicator
Principal duties and tasks:
- Review application credit analysis and score produced by Loans Officer
- Approve loan terms that are in the best interest of the member and Credit Union
- Oversee the loan application and approval process
- Maintenance of loan database
- Review ongoing loan performance
- Analyse and review financial inclusion and CU effectiveness
We can offer flexible working hours to suit your needs. We ask for a commitment of 4 hours per week. This is an office-based role but may include some remote working in accordance with COVID19 government advice.
Other opportunities with Berkshire Credit Union
Read more about Berkshire Credit Union