We are a leading Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) help and support service based in the South East of England. Our service is run by a dedicated team of volunteers who are responsible for delivering the help and support available through our website, telephone helpline and face-to-face sessions.
We are seeking a new Treasurer to join our experienced and growing Board of Trustees. The ideal candidate for the role will be from an accounting and finance background, have some knowledge of, or a willingness to quickly learn about, charity finance and regulation, comfortable using standard office IT packages as well as specialist financial software and possess strong communication skills.
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Duties will include:
- The preparation and presentation of financial reports to the Board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising with operations team about financial matters
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with legislation
- Ensuring the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the AGM and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or for an informal conversation about your suitability for the role.
Other opportunities with Support U
Read more about Support U