In Reading, Creative Support works with older adults providing activities and services within extra care schemes. We are looking to grow our activities program with the help of volunteers that would allow isolated individuals to take part in a range of social activities.
We are now running a fun and therapeutic art group and would be looking for several volunteers to work together to lead this group with the support of staff. It would give the opportunity to run activities such as painting and colouring in collaboration with the residents. A large focus for our activities is the socialising aspect, so we would be looking for volunteers who are interested in getting to know the residents and share a cup of tea during the session! Our activity runs weekly from 1:45 pm to 3:30 pm on Thursdays.
Volunteers would work closely with their named supervisor to plan activities and we are also interested in promoting the creativity and independence of volunteers. It is important to note that no particular artistic ability is needed, just creativity.
This would be a rewarding opportunity to give back to the community and to gain experience planning and delivering activities. You would be making an impact in the community by supporting activities that reduce isolation and increase well being for older adults.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Get hands on supporting crafts in the community!
- Share your love and knowledge of gardening while giving back to the local community
- Help us run our varied programme of activities for older folks
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Help others explore new experiences in this fantastic, rewarding and varied role
- Help facilitate this intergenerational group and help foster a greater sense of inclusion
- Do you want an active role in the community?
- Could you help our residents take part in a varied schedule of fun and stimulating activities?
Read more about Creative Support