Trust House Reading provides specialist support to women, men and children living in Berkshire who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse at any point in their lives.
We are looking for volunteers to actively contribute to and develop our fundraising strategy by implementing new fundraising ideas and activities. As a small charity we are heavily reliant on donations from our supporters and we are keen to increase our fundraising activities on a local level.
There is generally a degree of flexibility with this role to suit the availability of volunteers. We ask our volunteers to commit to a minimum of 12 months, at 2-3 hours per week. It is not necessary for these hours to be during office hours as working from home will be an option.
• Help with the development and initiation of creative fundraising ideas.
• Proactively seek and identify new opportunities to raise awareness and funds for THR.
• Increase awareness of THR and the services we provide and encourage support from the local community.
• Establish links and build relationships with supporters, local organisations and businesses, potential donors and the local media.
• Initiate a structured fundraising campaign and organise, promote and support a varied calendar of fundraising events throughout the year.
• Maintain relationships with all supporters and ensure that they receive communications on a regular basis.
• Help with grant applications as required.
• Help with the recruitment of other fundraising volunteers and develop and manage a monthly fundraising committee meeting.
• Help inspire other volunteers in other roles to run events and fundraise for THR.
• Creativity and an ability to work on own initiative to complete tasks independently.
• Friendly and engaging.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and an ability to work well with a wide variety of people.
• Good planning and organisational skills with an attention to detail and ability to manage time efficiently in order to plan and deliver fundraising events / activities.
• A professional and confident telephone manner.
• Be trustworthy, flexible and reliable.
• Comfortable meeting with members of the public and representing Trust House Reading to local organisations / businesses.
• Strong written communication skills (including good grammar, spelling and accuracy) with an ability to tailor writing to different audiences.
• A creative approach to using different fundraising streams.
• Working at all times in accordance with THR’s policies and procedures.
• The role requires good MS Office and general computer skills and access to email.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Specialist training in sexual violence.
• Valuable practical experience of fundraising in the charity sector.
• An opportunity to use your creativity and initiative.
• Experience of using a range of creative communications to promote THR news, activities and fundraising events.
• Ongoing support as the role requires
• Reasonable expenses covered – travel expenses reimbursed.
• Professional reference.
• Regular contact with Line Manager.
Other opportunities with Trust House Reading
Read more about Trust House Reading