The role of the Chair is to lead the board of Trustees, ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation. The Chair’s role is to also support the organisation and its employees and volunteers, helping them to achieve the aims of the organisation.
The Chair has a leadership role in mentoring the Chief Executive and in ensuring that the board of Trustees fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation and work closely with the employees to support the achievement of the organisation and act as the channel of communication between the Trustees and staff.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Join the board of this county wide charity
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help support our range of weekly activities for people aged 50+
- Support the group instructor at our weekly Nordic Walking for Health group
- Help with the set-up and welcome at this weekly singing group for over-50s
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
Read more about Age UK Berkshire