This county-wide charity is looking for a strong strategic Chair to lead it into the next phase of its development.
The Chair will contribute well-informed views, constructively challenge, and actively deliver best practice. We expect management skills at a senior level, an understanding of the needs of older people in Berkshire, knowledge of strategy, and great communication skills.
The position of Chair of Trustees is voluntary and unpaid. Travel costs are reimbursed.
Board members are expected to attend around 5-6 meetings a year, which are currently held in the afternoons. In addition, Trustees act as advisors to staff leads on specific projects related to their areas of special expertise and represent our charity at events and meetings.
Induction into the organisation, and training about Age UK, Age UK Berkshire and the role of Chair, are provided.
Trustees are required to confirm their eligibility to be a Director under UK Charity and Company law. Directors are elected by the Membership at the Annual General Meeting (usually November-time) and can be co-opted onto the Board while awaiting election.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Join the board of this county wide charity
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help support our range of weekly activities for people aged 50+
- Support the group instructor at our weekly Nordic Walking for Health group
- Help with the set-up and welcome at this weekly singing group for over-50s
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
Read more about Age UK Berkshire