St Mungo’s Recovery College is looking for a women’s group facilitator!
St Mungo’s is one of the largest homeless charities in the UK. We aim to end homelessness and rebuild lives. We work to prevent homelessness and support people at every step of their recovery from homelessness. A huge aspect of this work takes place in our Recovery Colleges.
The Recovery College supports people who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness to rebuild their lives and fulfil their potential through activities, learning skills, training and sustained employment.
As a women’s group facilitator, you will be leading on facilitating and participating in women’s weekly group meetings as well as occasional events. This will be a new group and you can take a creative approach to how these sessions are delivered. These groups usually have a creative activity (e.g. candle making, collage, etc.), as well as general activities: manicure kits, magazines, colouring books, etc. The women attend to give themselves a break from the stresses of life and to share and support each other in their recovery.
If you like to be social, support other women in their recovery, and have an interest in the creative arts and well-being, this could be the role for you!
Other opportunities with St Mungo’s
- Experienced with meditation? Help us run our mindfulness group!
- Qualified yoga instructor wanted to help empower those in need!
- Artsy? We’re looking for an art group facilitator!
- We’re looking for someone to lead our music lessons!
- Looking for an experienced Maths and English Tutor
- Could you help our clients develop digital and IT skills?
- Looking for a creative writing tutor to help empower our clients!
- Provide our clients with a warm welcome!
Read more about St Mungo’s