Lead our local team of volunteers who actively plan and deliver events in the local community to promote our presence and bring people together locally.
These events include:
- Organising education and information sessions, social activities.
- Editing newsletters.
- Managing social media pages.
What the role involves:
- Bring the team together to plan and deliver local activity.
- Encourage new ideas and positive ways to raise awareness and make a big impact in the local area.
- Support the team in building good relationships in the local community, including health professionals.
Contact person firstname
Carly Benton , Volunteer Development Officer
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
Monday - Friday between 9-5pm
Across Reading and Berkshire
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Coordination / Projects
Will suit someone like this:
Self organised/motivatedLikes team workHappy to work soloLeaderSupportiveCommunicatorWants to get out and about
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Induction, leadership training day, ongoing bespoke training
Is support given?
Description of support
Named staff contact, team of volunteers
Are expenses paid?
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
6 September 2017
Other opportunities with Crohn’s and Colitis UK – Berkshire Local Network
Read more about Crohn’s and Colitis UK – Berkshire Local Network