Creative Support are seeking volunteers to help expand the schedule of activities we offer our residents.
Creative Support are a social care charity that works within four Extra Care services in central and west Reading. There is a wide range of adults over 50 years old that live in these services, some requiring support with daily living, mental health, physical disabilities and some needing no support at all. There is a great community spirit in these services with many residents socialising every day in the dining room and living rooms.
We are currently expanding on the activities held within these services. Weekly sessions are held for everything from bingo to crafts and singing to Zumba. Some of the services also hold day trips and one off events. Volunteers are vital to running sessions to allow residents to meet different people and to learn new skills.
We would encourage you to get in touch if you are able to support us running current activities or even sharing your hobby with us; we can support you to set up your own group!
As a Volunteer Activity Assistant you will help facilitate the preparation and delivery of activity sessions for the extra care residents. There are a range of activities that take place including bingo, singing, crafts and armchair Zumba. There may also be a number of one off events and day trips that you could choose to participate in.
As well as providing support to the staff member leading the session you will ensure those attending the session get the most out of the activity.
We are seeking people with an organised and proactive approach who will be able to develop trusting relationships with residents. You will play a crucial role in enabling residents to have a varied weekly schedule and improved wellbeing.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Help support our residents to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of gardening
- Get hands on supporting crafts in the community!
- Share your love and knowledge of gardening while giving back to the local community
- Help us run our varied programme of activities for older folks
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Creative helpers needed for this arts group for older people
- Help others explore new experiences in this fantastic, rewarding and varied role
- Help facilitate this intergenerational group and help foster a greater sense of inclusion
- Do you want an active role in the community?
Read more about Creative Support