Support U are seeking new volunteers to join our team supporting our regular group sessions.
Our groups play an important part in providing our service users with an open and nonjudgemental space for them to socialise in.
Volunteers play a vital role in helping to foster a welcoming and safe space for all those attending the group. This will involve practical tasks to help set-up the space as well as talking to attendees and encouraging them to get involved in the group activities should they wish to.
Volunteers for this role will need strong communication skills with the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a diverse range of people. Volunteers will have an inclusive and nonjudgmental attitude.
Our current groups are:
R-Trans – 2nd Sat of the month 1-5pm
Biscuit (Bisexual group) – 3rd Sat of the month 11-1pm
Come as you are – Crossdresser nights – 3rd Thurs 7-10pm
Affinity – Youth group 13-19 yrs – every Tuesday 4.30-8pm
Volunteers will be given training on how to manage our groups and be provided with guidelines that set-out how we expect our groups to be run.
Other opportunities with Support U
- Do you have a background in finance and/ or accountancy? Bring your skills to our Treasurer role
- Bring your skills to the mix and enhance our experienced board
- Handy person needed to help keep our space safe and welcoming
- Personable and empathetic? Help support those with questions on LGBT+ issues
- Help us keep our outdoor green and social space in good order
Read more about Support U