Age UK Berkshire supports older people who need help to manage their financial affairs.
The Money Management team formulates a plan to help a client, and volunteers help to deliver the ongoing support by visiting the client at home during the day, generally every 2 weeks.
This may include
- delivering cash
- helping them to pay bills
- setting up direct debits / standing orders
- helping to arrange payment plans to clear debts
- sorting through their post
You will need:
- a desire to make a difference to the lives of older and disabled people
- a kind, caring and friendly manner
- the ability to listen and have empathy with clients
- experience with managing everyday household budgeting
High level financial knowledge or qualifications are NOT required
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Green fingered? Sociable and caring? This could be the role for you!
- Help us enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives
- Seeking an Honorary Treasurer to join our skilled Trustee Board
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
Read more about Age UK Berkshire