Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
Support volunteer needed for Age UK Berkshire
Age UK Berkshire supports older people who need help to manage their financial affairs.
The Money Management team formulates a plan to help a client, and volunteers help to deliver the ongoing support by visiting the client at home during the day, generally every 2 weeks.
This may include
- delivering cash
- helping them to pay bills
- setting up direct debits / standing orders
- helping to arrange payment plans to clear debts
- sorting through their post
You will need:
- a desire to make a difference to the lives of older and disabled people
- a kind, caring and friendly manner
- the ability to listen and have empathy with clients
- experience with managing everyday household budgeting
High level financial knowledge or qualifications are NOT required
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMTue AMTue PMWed AMWed PMThu AMThu PMFri AMFri PM
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Self organised/motivatedHappy to work soloPrecise and methodicalSociablePatientSupportive
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Induction training and ongoing training opportunities
Description of support
From a named volunteer coordinator
Description of expenses
Reasonable travel and other expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
12 October 2018
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire