Reading Association for the Blind are looking for a Treasurer as our current one is retiring after 6 years with the Charity!
As the Treasurer you should have a genuine interest in the financial leadership of a charitable organisation.
Duties will include the following:
• To support the management of our small charity.
• Willingness to lead on financial management and controls, including creating financial information, data, and reports, budgets and statements, dealing with the bank and Charity Commission in financial matters and all other aspects of financial management.
• Work closely with the Manager and Accounts Officer.
• Willingness to take the lead on projects or areas of need within the charity as appropriate.
• Reviewing and agreeing documents, such as policies etc.
• Work collectively as a group to ensure the best outcome for Reading Association for the Blind
• Represent and act as an ambassador for the charity.
This role is what you make of it, as long as you adhere to the Charity Commission Trustee Code of Conduct and rules.
We are looking for someone with accounting or financial experience and experience of Sage 50 as this is a vital and important role within the charity. Ideally, you will hold a formal qualification.
The current Treasurer is happy to assist the future Treasurer with a handover.
Other opportunities with Reading Association for the Blind (RAB)
Read more about Reading Association for the Blind (RAB)