Are you a recently retired Project Manager? We have just the role for you!
Each year we organise a huge Toy Appeal in Reading called ‘Toys & Teens’. Thousands of toys are donated by members of the public. Various agencies are invited to request toys on behalf of families they support.
In a week in early December, the toys are collected together in a Church Hall, sorted and distributed to disadvantaged families in the Reading area.
This is a major project which involves the whole committee. The Project runs mainly from June to December although this role is really an all year-round role.
We are looking for someone to gradually take on the management of the project.
The role involves the usual project management responsibilities and would also require you to oversee the Toy Project Week work of Collecting, Sorting, Packing and Delivery the Toys.
Additionally there is some more technical work which ideally you would also take on:
– We have a small computer system that helps us process the Requests and manage the actual packing and delivery of the toys. You would be expected to work with the developer to define and test any system changes and also carry out the Request Load and production of the necessary
– Be responsible for the loading of the Requests in to the system, produce the necessary documents for managing the packing and to actually manage the packing during the Toy Project Week.
You must have excellent organisational, interpersonal and computer skills – you must be really comfortable using email, internet, Word and Excel and computer file and programme handling, testing and running. you must be meticulous!
It will take 3-5 days of your time each month from January to August, but from September to Christmas, it will take at least 2-3 days each week. And during the Toy Project week in early December (Dec 3-7, 2018) you will be expected to be there all day, every day.
It would suit a recently retired IT Project Manager or IT proficient Project Manager from another field.
Full training will be given and a gradual handover from the existing Toy Project Manager is envisaged. It is anticipated that this year you would be assisting and be fully responsible from January 2019. You would be expected to hold this role for a few years.
Other opportunities with Reading Family Aid
- Join our team and help us put smiles on Children’s faces
- Secretarial role to keep our charity running smoothly
- Would you like to get involved in one of Reading’s biggest annual projects and put smiles on hundreds of children’s faces at Christmas?
- Could you help us organise outings that for disadvantaged families in Reading
Read more about Reading Family Aid