By being part of the campaign, you can help in a range of way to help spread the word, encourage others to become befrienders, help set up new initiatives and at one off events.
The easiest way to become a champion, is to make an online pledge and join our mailing list here!
The role is flexible and could involve different things:
- Be a Champion in your place of work or study by putting up posters, organising a talk from befriending organisations (we’d get them on board, you would arrange a room and promote within your organisation) or helping to make changes in your workplace to ensure employees (especially those new to Reading) are less lonely.
- Host stall(s) at community events to promote opportunities to volunteer as befrienders / become champions.
- Promote befriending in your neighbourhood and encourage increased neighbourliness through local events and looking out for each other.
- Deliver flyers in your neighbourhood to let people know about the impact of loneliness locally and what they can do to make a difference.
- Other activities within your place of work, study or other meeting place that you / we identify could help reduce loneliness.
Join the mailing list to get updates on the campaign and find out about future workshops.
The first step is to come along to a workshop and join the Champions to end loneliness mailing list where you will find out about different ways you can get involved in reducing loneliness in Reading. To join the mailing list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also make an online pledge to end loneliness here
We will run regular workshops for Champions, to come together, discuss how you can get involved, find out what you are doing, and what opportunities are available.
Other opportunities with Reading Voluntary Action (RVA)
Read more about Reading Voluntary Action (RVA)