We are looking for a volunteer to oversee the financial management of Pride.
- maintain fixed asset & stock registers
- oversee all cash-flow activities including invoicing and cash-reconciliation, utilising the Xero online accounting system
- produce the annual statement of accounts for Reading Pride, for presentation to the Board of Trustees and the membership at a General Meeting
- ensure appropriate documentation is filed in a timely fashion to comply with all relevant legislation including returns to the Charities Commission, Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs
- in conjunction with the Chairperson, plan and implement financial strategies and annual budgeting
- ensure a robust cash-flow liquidity, reporting to the Chairperson and Board of Trustees any issues affecting the financial standing of the organisation
- develop and monitor, in conjunction with the Chairperson, appropriate procedures for financial management within Reading Pride
- support managing committee members in budget-setting and compliance for individual teams
- maintain accurate records of customers and suppliers
Contact person firstname
AJ Jain , Volunteer Coordinator
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
0844 357 0124
Please email with your phone number and a convenient times to receive a call
Working from home & attending committee meetings
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Additional timing details
Committee meetings are on Monday evenings
Will suit someone like this:
Self organised/motivatedLikes team workHappy to work soloPrecise and methodical
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Is support given?
Description of support
from Chairperson & trustees
Are expenses paid?
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Other opportunities with Reading Pride Ltd
Read more about Reading Pride Ltd