Each year Reading Family Aid organises the huge Toys and Teens Appeal. We collect and redistribute new or as new toys, suitable for ages 0 – 16, to disadvantaged families at Christmas.
The Appeal takes place from mid-October to early December but the work needs to start in late August to meet publication deadlines.
We also organise outings and fundraising events throughout the year.
In order for us to be successful, we need to publicise what we are doing through the Reading Chronicle, our website and social media.
We are looking for someone:
- to provide content for the Reading Chronicle and other local community publications
- to keep our website up to date
- to publicise our work on social media
You must have the time and the drive to make the public aware of our work in the wider Reading area and be comfortable writing publication, website and social media content and making updates to the website content and Facebook as necessary
Other opportunities with Reading Family Aid
- Christmas Toys and Teens Project Manager needed
- Join our team and help us put smiles on Children’s faces
- Would you like to get involved in one of Reading’s biggest annual projects and put smiles on hundreds of children’s faces at Christmas?
- Could you help us organise outings that for disadvantaged families in Reading
Read more about Reading Family Aid