We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support our upcoming family-friendly exhibition Elmer and Friends: The Colourful World of David McKee. Can you help us bring the colourful world of ‘Elmer and Friends’ to life?
What you will be doing:
- Give a warm welcome to exhibition visitors to help them have an enjoyable experience and encourage them to follow the one way route.
- Direct visitors towards interactives such as books and dressing up.
- Encourage visitors to complete feedback forms.
- Support the Front of House Team by carrying out cleaning duties – cleaning reading areas and exhibition interactives, tidying away any items left by visitors.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the Museum and our collection, so that any questions from visitors can be dealt with in a professional and confident manner.
- Make checks across all first-floor galleries during quiet periods and report any issues to the Front of House Team.
This would be a great opportunity for someone:
- Who enjoys engaging with the public.
- Wants to develop customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Is looking to gain experience of the heritage and culture sector.
Two shifts available 9.45 to 13.00 or 12.45 to 16.00. We ask for at least one shift per month
Read more about River & Rowing Museum