Ethical Reading is a not-for-profit social enterprise dedicated to making Reading a better place to live and work through helping organisations become more ethical. This includes everything from the decisions made at the very top to the way employees treat each other and the people they deal with day to day. Take a look at our website to find out more about the amazing achievements we have already made.
We are seeking to add to our volunteer team and are looking for someone to take on the role of Events Coordinator. Each month we hold a free evening meetup in central Reading focusing on a particular ethical topic. Past events have considered issues like mental health in the workplace, whether some CEOs are paid too much and the circular economy.
The Events Coordinator will help to ensure we have venues for our meetups and other events, help to publicise them in partnership with our social media volunteers and provide analysis on gathered feedback.
Specific tasks may include;
- Maintain calendar of events on sharepoint
- Maintain documents for use with each event eg feedback forms
- Book venues as requested by Directors
- Liaise with marketing on use of video, blogs etc
- Liaise with FSB, TVCC and others on publicising events
- Liaise with external marcomms on the marketing of events
In return for a commitment of around 10 hours per week you can expect support to receive
- Volunteer Induction Plan
- Regular catch up meeting with the responsible Director
- Volunteer Peer Group Meetings every month
- IT support
Other opportunities with Ethical Reading
Read more about Ethical Reading