What is a Visitor Enjoyment Volunteer – Bookshop Assistant?
Visitor Enjoyment Volunteers provide a warm and friendly welcome to all visitors to Basildon Park, providing information about the property to ensure enjoyable visits for all.
Basildon Park has an outlet for the sale of second-hand books in the Visitors Shop, donated by the public and raising funds for the Trust
What’s in it for you?
• Sharing your love of National Trust and Basildon Park with a wide range of people
• Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Being part of a small friendly and dedicated team
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of the National Trust .
. Interacting with visitors and giving advice on the service we provide
• Organising the collection of second-hand books
• Maintaining records of all the books on sale
• Categorising the books for ease of access for the visitors
• Pricing the books according to costing guidelines
• Maintaining a clean and tidy environment
• Observing all prescribed financial systems and procedures
• Arranging for distribution and return of books which are unsuitable for sale
• Dealing with enquiries from visitors relating to Basildon and to the work of the National Trust in general
• Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
This role will suit people who have an enthusiastic and friendly manner and enjoy meeting people. Good numerical skills and happy to handle cash. The shop may be busy so volunteers need to have a calm, pragmatic and patient nature.
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)