Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
Can you play the Bodhran?
One of our members has a Bodhran and wants to learn how to play it properly. Can you help her? She would like a volunteer in the daytime to teach her. She also sings and writes poetry. She is registered disabled with a form of MS. Her energy levels are always high but she is keen to learn!
Interests – Poetry, Singing, Painting, Church, Traveling, Going out to eat. Yoga, Tai-Chi, Likes to have a go at anything!
Timing – Weekly (if possible), Daytime visits!
General Location – North Reading
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire