Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
Do you enjoy woodwork?
We have a member in his 50’s who makes walking sticks and other wooden items who is looking for a volunteer to assist him each week.
The volunteer needs to be experienced in setting up and using various power tools safely such as a router, band saw, jig saw and hand drills.
The member suffered a stroke a few years ago so is very weak on one side. He is looking for a physically fit person to be another pair of hands to help him, but not to take over, making items.
The volunteering would take place in the member’s own workshop at home.
As local public transport is not good the volunteer would need their own car to get to the member’s home.
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire