Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This interesting man in his 50s is looking for an educated / academic volunteer to go walking with whilst discussing a number of topics of interest. These might include any of the following areas:
Psychology and psychotherapy
Medicine as a science and medical competence
Travel – UK and overseas
Statistical concepts, eg regression to the mean.
He works full time so wants to meet up in the late afternoon/evenings to walk and talk.
He has cerebral palsy with dysarthric speech and dystonia. This means that a little patience may be required sometimes to understand his speech but it is not difficult to communicate together.
He would like to meet a few times a month.
Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Befriender Match – Dog walking and Quizzing
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Walking in the local park
- Befriender Match – Swimming!
- Befriender Match – Chats and Reading
- Befriender Match – Dancer
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
- Befriender Match – SportsAble
- Befriender Match – Retired Opera Singer
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire